Thread: Hat supplies !!!

Hat supplies !!!

A friend of mine with 27 years in the hat supply biz has been talking About going in to the small quantity hat supply service.

Hatters and folks out there can you help by telling us what we(he) should stock? A comprehensive listing here would be nice for those of you that need supplies.

Going or considering opening up an old full service supply outfit like National used to be.

So some one add to this please with all you can think of that may ever be needed.

Thread
    Needles
    Grosgrain hat band Ribbon and in single hat lenghts with bow tied.
    Bow ties
    Sweat bands readed and not in all qualities Printed your logo or plain.
    Ferrules
    Reading tape
    Stamping dies
    Boxes/ring stays
    Liners
    Tip stickers (printed I assume)
    Art work
    Western Bands large assortment
    Feathers
    Stiffner all differnt kinds
    Water proofing
    Rounding Jacks
    Brim trimmers
    Hot Block streachers
    Hat Bodies
    Oil silks for sweat bands ( plastic protectors)
    Sweat band cutters ( profession for hat makers)
    Full service hat equipment rebuilding, building and mfg.
    Wind cord and buttons covered or plain
    Button machines with cutting dies
    Hat body dye
    Gromets and setters
    Stampede string
    Water proofing
    Hat powders all colors
    Sponges
    Erasers
    Sand paper
    Leuring cloth
    grease cloth
    grease for cloth
    Flange cloth
    Stainless push pins
    Stainless band clamps
    Band blocks
    Hat Blocks
    Hat shapers
    Rubbers for Dorian pouncers and BG machines
    Brushes Light and Dark
    Hat cleaner Dark and Light

What else you post in in a list in a reply like my list and I will edit my post and add your stuff on till we get a full list. Any and all please add to this.
    Charlie

I am not sure of the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone .

People that get on in this world are those who look around for the circumstances they want!
    If they can’t find them, they create them.

As you know Charlie , now that National Brizel is out of business, someone needs to fill the void . They could do very well supplying the hat trade with supplies .

Steven

I think I see everything that I need on that list! I hope this comes to fruition.
    :D
    Brad

Brad I think it is going to come to pass. For me personally I would love to see someone stock supplies again and not have to search for them all the time and get folks back making hats again.

I just added 200+ hat blocks to my collection from 1930 and hope that is all the supplies I will require for a while :) Yehawwwwwwwww
    Charlie

I am not sure of the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone .

People that get on in this world are those who look around for the circumstances they want!

Well, Charlie - that is about as encyclopedic a list as I can think of, though a little "thin on the ground" in terms of what people like Adrienne would be looking for in terms of trims, feathers, and so on. But, there are plenty of folks out there supplying that sort of thing.
    Toby Wollin
    Nothing you do - no outfit you wear - no event you attend - that cannot be made more memorable and more elegant by your wearing a hat.

Toby I think Sheldon wants to mostly supply items for mens hats but some things do cross over to both sides and he may well add ladies hats items as well.
    Charlie

7. I would like contact information if you ever get the shop up and running. I'm always searching for new suppliers.